- Lectures 208
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 104 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
This qualification reflects the role a technical specialist with high level skills and knowledge in telecommunications and information technology networks using internet protocol (IP)
systems who can:
forecast network growth for enterprise network planning
design and manage IP based network telecommunications equipment
implement convergence technologies in enterprise telecommunications networks
design and manage optical and wireless network telecommunications architectures for high speed broadband capability.
Licensing /Regulatory Information
Work functions in the occupational areas where this unit may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the ICT Implementation Guide Companion Volume or the relevant regulator for details of licensing, legislative or certification requirements.
ICTPMG610 Develop a project management plan
ICTPMG611 Prepare a detailed design brief
ICTSUS601 Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects
ICTTEN611 Produce an ICT network architecture design
ICTNWK502 – Implement secure encryption technologies
ICTNWK509 – Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
ICTNWK503 – Install and maintain valid authentication processes
ICTTEN610– Design and Configure an IP-MPLS network with a virtual private network.
ICTTEN612 – Design and manage internet protocol TV in a service provider network
ICTNWK610 – Design and build integrated VoIP networks
- Depending upon the nationality of the student, year 11 (Australian equivalent year 11) may be sufficient*.
- Students must have completed at least an Australian year 12 equivalent.
- Or Mature Age Students who do not have any qualification – they must pass the Internal LLN/English Placement Test*.
*Applicable for student nationalities and who would fall under SSVF matrix.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- The student must provide evidence of attaining an overall IELTS score of 5.5 bands or equivalent scores on a similar test (such as TOEFL, PTE, etc).
- Or the student must have attained at least Upper Intermediate level of English and must provide evidence of the same.
- Or the student must pass Vibe’s relevant Internal English Placement Test.
- Or the student must have completed Certificate III in Spoken and Written English.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS EXEMPTIONS
The Student can be exempted from English Language Requirements if:
- They are enrolled in full-time school studies as a principal course including in a secondary exchange programmed, a postgraduate research course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), and Foreign Affairs or Defense sponsored students.
- Or they have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland.
- Or they have, in the two years before applying for the student visa, completed in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while he/she held a student visa.
Vibe College has a number of options to allow you to select a payment method best suited to your financial needs. Course fees can be paid in person, by phone, internet banking, or credit card.
Fee for Service
- Option 1: Upfront 100% Payment.
You can pay course fees in full upfront either by direct debit or credit card. A direct debit or direct withdrawal of funds can be arranged and scheduled from your nominated bank account. We accept payments by MasterCard or Visa.
- Options 2: Payment Plan
You are required to make first installment before course commencement and make the remaining payments through convenient installments weekly, fortnightly, monthly or per semester. Terms and conditions apply.
- Options 3: Direct Debit
You can arrange direct debit payments to us with your banking provider
- Options 4: Credit Card
We accept payments by MasterCard or Visa.
Note: Payments by MasterCard and Visa credit Card attract a 2.5% surcharge which will be added to the payment account being made. American express credit cards attract a 3% surcharge.
On completion of your studies you will receive a Advanced Diploma of Telecommunications Network Engineering ICT60615 Qualification Certificate, issued by VIBE COLLEGE.
Possible Career Outcomes
- Computer technician
- IT customer support
- Help desk, network support technician
- ICT sales representative
- PC Support
- Assistant IT manager
- Assistant system manager
- Internet/intranet administrator
- Internet/intranet systems administrator
- Systems administrator
After achieving Diploma of Information Technology ICT50118, individuals may undertake:
- ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security
Note: Vibe College may not offer the courses listed under Pathway Information. Above list is only representation of higher-level courses available in your areas of study.
The Diploma of Information Technology includes no mandatory requirement for practical placement. However, we assist help our student to get in touch with various employers to obtain practical experience.
Vocational placement helps you prepare for the real world with real-life skills. For more information on work placement or support services that we are able to offer, please feel free to contact us or talk to your course adviser at Vibe College today.