This qualification reflects the role of hairdressers who use a range of well-developed sales, consultation and technical skills and knowledge to provide a broad range of hairdressing services to clients. They use discretion and judgement to provide client services and take responsibility for the outcomes of their own work.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a hairdresser in any industry environment, usually a salon.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
28 Units must be completed:
21 Core Units
7 Elective Units
· BSBSUS201: Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
· SHBHBAS001: Provide shampoo and basin services
· SHBHCLS002: Colour and lighten hair
· SHBHCLS003: Provide full and partial head highlighting treatments
· SHBHCLS004: Neutralise unwanted colours and tones
· SHBHCLS005: Provide on scalp full head and retouch bleach treatments
· SHBHCUT001: Design haircut structures
· SHBHCUT002: Create one length or solid haircut structures
· SHBHCUT003: Create graduated haircut structures
· SHBHCUT004: Create layered haircut structures
· SHBHCUT005: Cut hair using over-comb techniques
· SHBHDES003: Create finished hair designs
· SHBHIND001: Maintain and organise tools, equipment, and work areas
· SHBHIND003: Develop and expand a client base
· SHBHREF002: Straighten and relax hair with chemical treatments
· SHBHTRI001: Identify and treat hair and scalp conditions
· SHBXCCS001: Conduct salon financial transactions
· SHBXCCS002: Provide salon services to clients
· SHBXIND001: Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
· SHBXIND002: Communicate as part of a salon team
· SHBXWHS001: Apply safe hygiene, health, and work practices
· SHBHCUT006:Create combined haircut structures.
· SHBHDES004: Create classic long hair up styles.
· SHBXCCS004: Recommend products and services.
· SHBHCUT007: Create combined traditional and classic men’s haircut structure.
· SIRRINV001: Receive and handle retail stock.
· SHBHBAS002: Provide head, neck, and shoulder massage for relaxation.
· SIRRMER001: Produce visual merchandise displays.
Note: Course duration may vary due to prior qualifications and credit transfers applied.
Above list only includes units selected by Vibe College in delivering. However, there are more units listed within training package for elective units. Vibe College may change the units in agreement with students and related stakeholder to meet the need of learners/changing industry trend.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS EXEMPTIONS
The Student can be exempted from English Language Requirements if:
Vibe College has a number of options to allow you to select a payment method best suited to your financial needs. Course fees can be paid in person, by phone, internet banking, or credit card.
Fee for Service
Note: Payments by MasterCard and Visa credit Card attract a 2.5% surcharge which will be added to the payment account being made. American express credit cards attract a 3% surcharge.
On completion of your studies you will receive a Certificate III in Hairdressing SHB30416 Qualification certificate, issued by VIBE COLLEGE.
Possible Career Outcomes
Certificate III in Hairdressing includes no mandatory requirement for practical placement. However, we do assist our student to get in touch with various employers to obtain practical experience.
Vocational placement helps you prepare for the real world with real-life skills. For more information on work placement or support services that we are able to offer, please feel free to contact us or talk to your course adviser at Vibe College today.