- Lectures 156
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 78 week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
You’ll learn the essentials for network management including how to design, build, and test a network server, manage network security, determine best-fit topology for a local network and identify and resolve network problems. Students will also learn the skills to setting up and managing network systems and applications including how to debug and monitor applications, review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans, update ICT system operational procedures, review and develop ICT maintenance strategy and install and upgrade operating systems.
You will learn how to produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages, develop complex web page layouts and manage interactive media production. Skills and knowledge surrounding how to gather data to identify business requirements, match ICT needs while managing projects, research, and review hardware technology options for organisations. Understanding key business requirements in for the ICT industry, including how to originate and develop concepts, develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability and ensure a safe workplace will be explored in the classes.
20 Units must be completed:
- 4 Core Units
- 16 Elective Units
- Depending upon the nationality of the student, year 11 (Australian equivalent year 11) may be sufficient*.
- Students must have completed at least an Australian year 12 equivalent.
- Or Mature Age Students who do not have any qualification – they must pass the Internal LLN/English Placement Test*.
*Applicable for student nationalities and who would fall under SSVF matrix.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- The student must provide evidence of attaining an overall IELTS score of 5.5 bands or equivalent scores on a similar test (such as TOEFL, PTE, etc).
- Or the student must have attained at least Upper Intermediate level of English and must provide evidence of the same.
- Or the student must pass Vibe’s relevant Internal English Placement Test.
- Or the student must have completed Certificate III in Spoken and Written English.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS EXEMPTIONS
The Student can be exempted from English Language Requirements if:
- They are enrolled in full-time school studies as a principal course including in a secondary exchange programme, a postgraduate research course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), and Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored students.
- Or they have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland.
- Or they have, in the two years before applying for the student visa, completed in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while he/she held a student visa.
Vibe College has a number of options to allow you to select a payment method best suited to your financial needs. Course fees can be paid in person, by phone, internet banking, or credit card.
Fee for Service
- Option 1: Upfront 100% Payment.
You can pay course fees in full upfront either by direct debit or credit card. A direct debit or direct withdrawal of funds can be arranged and scheduled from your nominated bank account. We accept payments by MasterCard or Visa.
- Options 2: Payment Plan
You are required to make first installment before course commencement and make the remaining payments through convenient installments weekly, fortnightly, monthly or per semester. Terms and conditions apply.
- Options 3: Direct Debit
You can arrange direct debit payments to us with your banking provider
- Options 4: Credit Card
We accept payments by MasterCard or Visa.
Note: Payments by MasterCard and Visa credit Card attract a 2.5% surcharge which will be added to the payment account being made. American express credit cards attract a 3% surcharge.
On completion of your studies you will receive a Diploma of Information Technology ICT50118 Qualification Certificate, issued by VIBE COLLEGE.
Possible Career Outcomes
- Computer technician
- IT customer support
- Help desk, network support technician
- ICT sales representative
- PC Support
- Assistant IT manager
- Assistant system manager
- Internet/intranet administrator
- Internet/intranet systems administrator
- Systems administrator
After achieving Diploma of Information Technology ICT50118, individuals may undertake:
- ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security
Note: Vibe College may not offer the courses listed under Pathway Information. Above list is only representation of higher-level courses available in your areas of study.